The legal organizer of the event Boulevard Blues (hereinafter referred to as the “Event”) is VZW Sway.
1. All Participants of the Event take part in it voluntarily and on their own responsibility.
2. Participants declare that their state of health allows them to take part in the Event and there are no medical contraindications.
3. The Organizer, its employees or contractors shall not be liable for any damages or loss that may occur before, during or after the Event for which they are not at fault. They, especially, are not liable for any losses and thefts that may happen during festival events.
4. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Event due to the reasons that are beyond the Organizer’s control (for example the national mourning). The Organizer will not have any liability resulting from such a cancellation.
5. Participants are fully liable for all the damages caused by them during the Event, both to the Organizer, other Participants and third persons; in the event of the accident or the appearance of any loss Participant will not hold the Organizer, its employees or contractors liable if they are not at fault.
6. The program of the Event and the class schedule published on and on the Facebook’s event page have strictly informational character. The Organizer will take every effort to ensure that all the events happen according to the published program.
7. The Organizer reserves the right to change the venues and the time of the specific events as well as the announced artists.
3. Conditions of registration for the event
1. The registration must be done via the registration form.
2. Registrations of minors have to be signed by their statutory representative.
3. Within 7 days from sending the registration form Registrants will receive an email from the Organizer with either a confirmation of participation or information that they were placed on the waiting list. The payments shall be done within 72 hours from sending the confirmation email by the Organizer. If the Participant does not transfer the due amount his registration will be cancelled.
4. People registering as a pair have to fill in two separate registration forms indicating the
name and surname of their dance partner. Pair registration will only be valid if both partners register within 72 hours. If this is not the case, both registrations will be treated as individual.
4. Payments for dance workshops and parties
1. Due amount will be stated in the confirmation email. In the case of any errors regarding the due amount Participants are asked to contact the Organizer in order to solve the problem.
2. All payments shall be done in EUR.
3. Payment can be done via bank transfer to the indicated bank account of the Organizer.
5. Conditions of resignation
1. In case a Participant can’t make it to the Event, He/she can find a replacement and has to arrange the financial aftermath by himself. If you are a cancelling lead, you have to
find another lead. If you are a cancelling follow, you have to find another follow.
This resignation and the name of the new participant must be made personally or via
2. In individual cases, when the resignation made after the 15 th of October is a result of chance events that are beyond the Participant’s control, the Organizer will consider a compensation of the amount paid. (never more than 50%)
6. Image usage agreement
By taking part in any event organized by VZW Sway a Participant agrees to his/her image fixed in any form (photos, recordings and others) be published and used.
7. Final provisions
The Organizer reserves the right to make changes to the Regulations at any time before the commencement day of the Event without the need for any notification of the changes on www pages. The current version of the Regulations will be available on site during the Event and it will be considered as valid and binding.
Please read the following information regarding the protection of personal data and privacy ofusers of the website and participants of classes and events (festivals, workshops, exchanges)organized by the VZW Sway.
In carrying out the legal obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)2016/679, we inform you that the controller of your personal data is “VZW Sway”, enteredinto the Central Registration and Information on Business.In matters concerning the protection of personal data, you can contact us as follows:by mail at the address: by post: VZW Sway, Kempische Steenweg 93, 3500 Hasselt. Belgium.
Providing your data in connection with the use of the Website or participation in classes andevents organized by VZW Sway is voluntary, however, providing specified data may benecessary to conclude and execute contracts with VZW Sway, participate in classes andevents organized by VZW Sway, as well as other purposes described below.
Purpose and legal basis for the processing of data
VZW Sway will process personal data primarily for execution of contracts concluded withyou, participation in classes and events organized by VZW Sway, and to perform activitiesimmediately preceding conclusion of such contracts . The legal basis for the processing ofpersonal data will be GDPR art. 6(1)(b).
To conclude the contracts, VZW Sway may also process your personal data for the purpose offulfilling legal obligations – in particular for billing purposes and issuing invoices. The legalbasis for the processing of your personal data will then be the fulfillment of legal obligation(GDPR art. 6(1)(c)).
In some cases, your personal data may also be processed on the basis of GDPR art. 6(1)(f)within the so-called legitimate interests of VZW Sway, such as VZW Sway’s promotional andcommercial activities, distribution of the newsletter or ongoing contact with you for purposesother than conclusion and execution of contracts, ensuring accessibility of the Website,enhancing the Website’s functionality, improving the quality of services, tailoring VZWSway’s services to your needs, as well as other purposes directly related to the functioning ofthe Website and VZW Sway, in particular the study of visit statistics, as well as enforcing theprovisions of VZW Sway’s Regulations, protection of own rights and assertion of any claimsVZW Sway should be entitled to.
Period and methods of data retention
We will store personal data for the period necessary to execute the contracts concluded withyou and for the period of prescription of claims arising from the contracts – e.g. relating toparticipation in classes, unless the relevant provisions will require their processing (retention)for a longer period. In specific cases, VZW Sway will process your data for a longer period inconnection with initiating, investigating or rebuking legal claims or conducting internal proceedings. The retention period indicated above arises from the necessity for VZW Sway tomeet its contractual or legal obligations, obtain information related to the execution ofcontracts, and to provide evidence in any court and out-of-court proceedings.
VZW Sway uses technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of personaldata processed, appropriate to the threats that may arise, and categories of your data beingsubject to protection, taking special care to secure it technically and organizationally againstunauthorized access, being acquired by an unauthorized or unlawful person, and againstchange, loss, damage or destruction.
Recipients of data
We will transfer personal data to entities to which we entrust the services necessary to executethe contracts concluded with you, as well as parties contracted by VZW Sway for theprovision of support services in the course of business conducted by VZW Sway, i.e. IT andaccounting service providers, or other advisers. Such entities process data on the basis of dataentrustment agreements and only in accordance with our instructions.
Your personal data may also be transferred to the state authorities and institutions authorizedby law in order to perform VZW Sway’s obligations to the state or fulfillment of legalobligations.
Rights related to the processing of personal data
According to GDPR, you have a number of rights resulting from the processing of yourpersonal data, including:
a) the right to access personal data, including the right to obtain a copy of the data,
b) the right to request a correction of personal data – when you notice that the data is incorrector incomplete,
c) the right to request the deletion of personal data (the so-called “right to be forgotten”) –provided, however, that the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it wascollected or otherwise processed, or you object to the processing of data, or withdraw theconsent which is the basis for the processing of data and there is no other legal basis for theprocessing of data or the data is processed illegally or must be removed in order to complywith legal obligations,
d) the right to demand the limitation of processing of personal data – if you indicate that yourdata is incorrect, the processing of said data is unlawful, but you do not want to request itsdeletion once your data is no longer needed, yet you require it for establishment, exercise ordefense of legal claims, or if you object to the processing of the data – pending thedetermination of whether the legitimate grounds for the processing of data by us takeprecedence over the basis of your objection,
e) the right to transfer personal data – if the processing is carried out automatically on thebasis of a contract concluded with you or on the basis of your consent.
You also have the right to object to the processing of personal data, including profiling – if weprocess your data based on a legitimate interest and the opposition is justified by yourexceptional situation. In cases where the processing of personal data would take place on thebasis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time despite thelegality of the processing which would have been made prior to the withdrawal of suchconsent.
If you believe that we have violated the law by processing your personal data, you have theright to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body in Belgium.By processing your data for the purposes described above, VZW Sway does not profile youon the basis of your personal data, that is, VZW Sway does not use systems that make anyautomated decisions regarding you. VZW Sway also does not intend to transfer your data toany third countries i.e. outside the European Economic Area.